SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamparookie

Lawn - Repair or Blow Up and Start All Over?

tamparookie
14 years ago

Hi all, I posted this thread on the Lawn Care forum as well, but wanted to throw it in here as well to see what you think. I have some questions regarding my lawn (weeds) and what I should do to get rid of the weeds. I am not sure whether to just replace it completely or what, but it was a mess when I moved into the house last year.....pretty much overgrown with weeds, and it appears that I have several different kinds of grasses growing as well. I have tried to take some pics of different areas of the yard. The yard is mostly full sun, with the exception of a couple of small trees in the back yard.

Back yard, full sun: Different types of grass, on the left is more course, possibly St. Augustine?

{{gwi:100819}}

Back yard also, but showing some grass that is very fine and fluffy, not sure what it is though:

{{gwi:100820}}

Front yard, full sun, with a monster weed that has been hit w/ some round-up recently:

{{gwi:100821}}

Good example of what my front yard pretty much consists of (full sun):

{{gwi:100822}}

Shot of some of the thicker grass growing in full sun off of my driveway:

{{gwi:100823}}

Any suggestions? I thought maybe to try weed n feed as an easy alternative, but I'm not sure which type to get due to the fact that I seem to have several types of grass. The other alternative I figured was to just kill it all and start from scratch w/ some Bahia grass. If you have any suggestions, or need more info, let me know........I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting