SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19695690

Blueberry harvest is winding down.

User
12 years ago

The blueberries did very well this spring and produced pretty well for the most part. The main plants are done, they still had maybe 10 lbs of unripe fruit on them but stripped it all off Sunday and put it in the compost. I have to have surgery tomorrow and had hoped the bushes would be done producing by now so I could prune them before the slice and dice but the plants have their own schedule and they had to be pruned while I still could do it so the fruit had to be sacrificed. Oh well. The 3 rabbiteye BB are just now starting to fruit and the Sunshine blues are in full swing, it is nice having plants that are a bit later. We froze a bit more than 80 lbs of fruit so the plants probably produced about a 100 lbs, next year it should be 150 lbs plus and going to try my hand at BB wine making. Once I am healed up a bit the berries will be vacuum sealed in 2 lb packages. {{gwi:122893}}

I had a long list of things that needed done before the surgery one of which is finishing the Kiwi trellis so I was rushing around and when you rush.....still not sure how the nail gun got me, I know it double fired and I know my hand was where it should not have been.

It looks worse than it is:) I pulled it out, didn't hurt at all. Sorry if it grosses anyone out.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH