SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natives_and_veggies

did the deed

Well, we've cut out large pieces of our neighbor's brazilian pepper. It took much of the weekend. We couldn't take either tree down completely. One because we were concerned it might come down on another tree some might consider valuable, though I think it's a pest, a norfolk island pine. The other because it would fall on their guest house porch, which doesn't look sturdy enough to climb up on - we considered it to top the tree first. But we got rid of a lot and painted the stumps with the poison UF recommends for brazilian pepper.

I'm still hoping some nice new neighbors will move in there when the foreclosure is complete and get rid of the rest of those blasted things. Wouldn't mind if they repositioned their statue of David while they're at it, since we awake to a view of David's backside each morning.

(And I know some of y'all were a little worried about how publicly we're doing this - no real way to avoid that. The whole neighborhood watched, there's a giant pile of brush out front, plus some that we couldn't get over the fence to our side that we piled inside, and the owners have been by. They know we're doing it and have said that's fine. Doubt they would have been very "fine" with it if we had damaged the guest house, however.)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!