SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maxbaerhems

Time To Check The Mail....Again

MaxBaerHems
16 years ago

A few Daylily beds...along the path to the mailbox...:)

More to follow..Rick

(Hey Jan....WAKE UP!!..LOL)

Comments (37)

• Nancy
    16 years ago

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Must be breathtaking in person, I wonder that you can remember that you are out for a purpose-to get the mail! I'm always out in my garden, but get distracted so easily, I rarely do what I intended to do. Mine garden isn't nearly as pretty as yours.

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A few more views....along the way................

More Later....:0) Rick

• Related Discussions

GC sanity check (fee, time on site, expectations)

Q

Comments (3)
    Yes, the market is indeed pretty hot. Bad timing. I wanted to be the GC for the project but my husband wisely vetoed it since this is our first time. The current arrangement does feel like a strange hybrid of owner-builder + a fixed fee project manager that is a GC who by contract provides warranty, liability insurance, and technical decision making. He's in charge of full supervision and communications with all subs; but I'm not paying him as an employee by time so he has control over how much time and how he does it (though we did ask for a minimum four days of visit a week in the contract without stipulating how much time spent each visit), and he's not guaranteeing a lump sum though he is supposed to guarantee quality and standards as per our contract. The numbers look like we're splitting the differences in cost between owner-building and full GC.
    ...See More

Help with checking account, I messed up big time

Q

Comments (66)
    I record my checks in the register AND do online banking. Except I carry a check in my wallet and don't always remember to record it. Everything that can be paid online is paid online, some automatically because we have a history of forgetting to pay bills on time. I'd suggest going to the bank and making them earn their fees by helping you figure it out. They won't mind. Set up online banking just so you can double check what you do in your checkbook. You don't need to pay bills online or do ANYthing with it. Just use it to verify any questions between statements. You might never have to go online. But no reason not to have access to the tool if a situation comes up. Ignore it the rest of the time.
    ...See More

Check-up time...may I have your prayers?

Q

Comments (48)
    I'm adding my Prayers and good thoughts for you. Blessings to you and your family and to the doctors who's care you are in. (((((Idstarr)))))
    ...See More

It is time for my check-up...good thoughts please.

Q

Comments (35)
    I hope you feel our presence through the night and especially in the morning. Wishing only the very best news.
    ...See More
  • okbt
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! Now I feel ashamed and must go weed.

Betsy

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

LOL....I'm awake Rick....been mowing my lawn...imagine that...we've had rain 3 times this past week!!! Your garden photos are beautiful....everything looks so neat...absolutely love all your hardscape.
    How was the wedding????? Perfect, I hope. ;o)
    Jan

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Sorry Rick, I just got down to your last "Mailbox" thread and see you already answered my previous question about your daughters wedding....I'm so glad it turned out just the way she wanted...can't wait to see some photos. :)
    Jan

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    16 years ago

Goodness me, if I had to go down a path like that to the mailbox, the mail would never make it to the house until midnight! What beautiful gardens, thank you for sharing them with us.

• juliet11
    16 years ago

Wow! Thanks so much for the garden shots - I can see why you like to go to the mailbox! I'm sure it's even better in person! How many daylilies is that? I like your path too.

Juliet

• newyorkrita
    16 years ago

Wow, I would be out in the mailbox path all day looking at all those daylilies. I think you have a fantastic job.

Thanks for posting. I myself like to look at garden shots to see how people have used daylilies in their yard. You know, mixed beds or just daylilies alone.

How have you got them all labeled? I don't see any markers.

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

More Later.....Thanks for looking...:)
    Rick

• shive
    16 years ago

I love your winding curving path to the mailbox! You have done a fabulous job with the hardscape. Like Betsy, seeing your neat clean garden beds makes me need to go weed. Since we had some rain last week, crabgrass and wild violets are taking over my world. Thanks for photographing this!

Debra

• phaltyme21
    16 years ago

Wonderful gardens, and that mailbox path---oh my. Your place looks like living in paradise.

Kay

• jackie_o
    16 years ago

oooooo

ahhhhh

...I have step and path envy

:)

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Guy's...It is very hard to get decent pic's on long places.....Hopefully next week things should start to peak a bit and many more blooms and lots more colour...worst case...the week after. Everything has been 2-3 weeks behind this season....Mother Nature Rules...LOL This is what I call the "Sad Time" here...in between all the Purdy Spring Blooms and before the peak Daylily blooms....so things are rather bare right now.....I'm glad you have enjoyed the pic's
    Rita...All the Daylilies are labeled...they have tags buried with each plant and they have 6 inch Pylon tags in front of each clump and a 9 inch Pylon tags behind. These tags are just at the mulch surface. I also have made this past Winter... Eon 15" inch markers with Bother TZ tape labels ready to go in this Fall after I have finished moving and adding new daylilies to beds. I also keep a paper copy index map of every bed just incase....never can have enough back-up....:)
    Thanks Again for your kind comments and interest.....I'll post some more later this evening...:)
    Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some Pic's to see of blooms while I resize some more bed pic's...:)

{{gwi:667993}}

Rick...:)

• loveofmylife680
    16 years ago

Ok Rick come clean tell us how much you pay the yard guy to keep your yard so neat and clean. JK I wish I had the time or energy to make mine look half as good, yours looks great!
    Jill

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Well, since I already have EOH, I'll take one each of the other 3 please.....LOL ;o)
    Rick, I am so enjoying your garden photos, can't wait to see your dl beds at peak bloom. I'm starting to see rebloom scapes on dl's that have never rebloomed for me before, so my bloom season will be extended for a little while. Maybe since we've begun to get some rain showers, the buds won't dry up and fall off before opening.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely gardens.
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ROTFLMAO.......Jill...I am the "Yard Guy"...my wife provides some nice meals and allows me to occupy the same space and to breath the same air....:) If I keep thangs "Nice" around the humble abode.... I do get a very small allowance also...which allows me to get a few more Daylilies...LOL Thanks for saying it looks good....it's actually the worst it has looked in 3 years...extreme cold in late Spring...drought for 8 weeks the storms for 2 weeks...well nothing is decent looking or where it should be, this time of year....BUT...thanks for saying it looks ok...makes me feel good...:) Graduations, a Wedding and sun posioning took almost all the time away from the yard and gardens this Spring too....so don't look too close....I promise I'll get it back to normal...Next Season..:)...Hmmmm maybe I'll get a raise on my allowance???? ya never know.....hehehe

{{gwi:667949}}

Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They are on your list Jan! Make sure you put them on your copy too...you know how us Old Guys can get....LOL
    Glad you are enjoying the pic's!

Thanks, Rick

• janepa
    16 years ago

It would take all night to try and tell you how beautiful your garden beds, pathway, and DLs are and I have to get some shut-eye so this will have to suffice. When my gardens grow up I want them to be just like yours. Your stone work is wonderful, and something I would like to add.

THANK YOU for sharing your garden through your photos. I know how time consuming downsizing, etc. photos can be.
    Jane

PS: What are your pots sitting on? I think you told me before, but I cannot find my notes. I will have to get a folder started in the computer just for 'Rick's stuff'. Thanks.

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

WOW...beaucoup daylilies! Wonderful garden, Rick. Thanks for sharing.
    Kathy

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

OMGJean

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for all your very kind comments!
    Jane from what I see your gardens and blooms look Great!
    Jean it is great fun taking the stroll to get the mail in the Summer....Thanks!
    Kathy...thanks so much...:)

A few more.......

{{gwi:667992}}

More later....Enjoy...:)
    Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A few more this morning...........

{{gwi:667947}}

{{gwi:667945}}

Have a Great 4th!!!! Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Nice ones Rick...especially SSG and WW....two "must haves", I'm thinking! :) Did you get some rain or have you been watering already?
    Jan

• okbt
    16 years ago

Rick,your gardens are incredible!You are definately one hard worker that deserves all the praise we can give you! I am so jealous! LOL! Did you know Photobucket will resize your photos as you upload them to the site? Click the options button above "browse".They stay the same size on your computer,but are resized on the site for posting,and you only have to do it once,not every time you upload.

Betsy

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No rain yet...Jan..looks like we may get hammered today though. Probably while I'll trying to grill out....LOL That would figure.....oh well gotta feed the Family and rest of the Gang....:) Have a Very Happy 4Th ...;)

Wow, didn't know that Betsy....Thanks! that may save alot of time and me from having to guess how they might come out...Thanks again! Guess you can teach and Old Dog.....new tricks...:) Hope you have a wonderful 4Th!

Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

{{gwi:667991}}

{{gwi:667990}}

{{gwi:671966}}

Rick

• mainma
    16 years ago

Rick,

Wow! How 'bout a home exchange for this year's summer vacation? JK

Anyhow, thanks for the photo info on the previous post.

M-A

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Ok....BPB please...lol...gotta get that one. I have the rest, but Banned In Boston has never bloomed for me. I think I'll pot it up and see what it will do then plant it in a different place this fall.
    Your photos and blooms are gorgeous, as always, thanks for sharing.
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Morning Guy's...
    Jan I think BPB is on your list....hey write on the list you are keeping...i'm known to forget things...LOL You got it...:)

M-A where you been the last 4 years...LOL I always take a trip to Maine/New Hampshire and Vermont in the Summer....I like to home base the vacation up in Pittsburg N.H. and go from there... Between you and Me...it's Much Purdier up ypour way then here.....:)
    Well more storms on the way today...Hmmmm wonder if I get any outside chores done??? Hmmmmm

Rick

• luvtosharedivs
    16 years ago

Rick,
    It's a pleasure and and inspiration to view your posts.
    Gives me something to shoot for when I retire.
    Every time I see your postings, I choose a "New favorite" to put on my wish list. This time it's Watermelon Wine.

Thanks for giving us such great picture shows!

Julie

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Wow, Rick everything is gorgeous! So neat, and I didn't see a single weed! Very Very nice, must be a lot of work! My Banned in Boston is awful looking this year, it wasen't even worth taking a picture of it was so ugly! Hoping it shapes up, yours looks just like I thought mine would! Im going to have to stop buying DL's and start saving for some land, so I have more room to play! Where at do you live in PA? Id love to take a real tour some day! -Jessica

• mainma
    16 years ago

Rick,

'where you been past 4 years' Over at the Hosta forum. I came to GW as a hosta person, but with over 100 daylilies, guess I am now a daylily collector too.

Pittsuburg NH - Isn't that Canada, LOL?

M-A

• juliet11
    16 years ago

Rick - I really love all four of the daylilies you posted today! What gorgeous pinks! Thanks again for taking the time to post so many photos!

Juliet

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Rick, tell me why you have such good ruffling on BPB. Mine is very pretty but doesn't ruffle as much as yours..

Your garden ( walkway to mailbox ) shots are incredible. I know you spend and enormous amout of time working in the flowers and it shows.

BTW, Parrot Jungle is coming along nicely. No bloom but very healthy....The same with Ballroom Waltz....Ellie

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

M-A Yes, almost in Canada...way up north where the Moose like to play..:)

Jessica...Between York, Pa and Harrisburg, Pa..Not too far...:) Thanks for your kind comments.

Juliet....Thanks you, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Ellie....I add a shot of Upstart when I plant them....other then that they just get some good old composted Horse Manure...and a drink when I can apply...:) Nothing else.....but TLC....LOL Keep taking care of those Babies...:) I will have some extra holes soon...LOL..:)

I guess I better start another thread after this posting....it's getting rather long here...geeeeee

well a few more..than a new one....

{{gwi:667989}}

{{gwi:667987}}

Last Of This Thread.....Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I missed you above Julie...I'm sorry! You are so correct...that Watermelon Wine is wonderful! It's in my top 10...always has been since I saw it's first bloom.....I'm glad you enjoy the pic's...Thanks !

Rick