SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nova_gw

Spring Has Finally Come To The Garden!

nova_gw
14 years ago

My garden has been a little slow to wake up this year but at last spring is finally here! Every day is a new adventure as I walk it to see what is coming back to life. The Cherokee Rose is covered with buds, the most I have ever seen on it, and the native wisteria is putting on it's purple "acorns" in preparation for it's yearly show. The Louisiana Iris has bloom spikes everywhere and the clematis is showing it's appreciation for our unusually cold winter as it scrambles up it's trellis. The peach tree and blueberries are loaded with baby fruit and the first caladiums are emerging from the soil.

I can almost forget the dark days of winter when everything was dead sticks and frozen foliage. When all I could do was sit in the house shivering and wondering what would survive. I may have lost a few things but I will replace them and continue on in my attempt to create an oasis of lovely blooming plants among splashing waterfalls and fruiting trees.

I am sorry to wax poetic here and I guess this should really be on the "conversations" page but, to me, this is why we garden. For the yearly renewal of spring and the joy it brings to our hearts.

Susan, with a bad case of "Spring Fever"

Comments (10)