SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

Cool Garden Art & Ideas

manature
15 years ago

I recently went to lunch with Nicki in her hometown of Leesburg, and we had a lovely time at a little Victorian place called The Melon Blossom. (If you are ever up that way, it is SO worth a stop by!) They have a little garden area outside and loads of cool things to look at. Here are a few pictures to give you folks who like funky garden items made with reclaimed, vintage pieces. (When Nicki sent me the photos, she said Mark could thank her later, haha! He is definitely going to find a couple of these on his Honey Do List.)

This planter was just darling. As you can see it is made from an old iron headboard with a window box attached. They added some recycled turned legs to the front of the window box for support, and then a piece of trim across it just for "pretty."

This one is just two upright porch posts fastened to a double sided window box. A bit of wrought iron (perhaps an old garden gate) between makes a trellis for whatever goes into the boxes, and they added brackets at the top of each post for hanging baskets.

Here is a really easy and cute trellis. (The bench is not part of it...it's just sitting right in front of it.) Two uprights & a crosspiece, topped with vintage finials, and an old garden gate attached between them to serve as the trellis. Two brackets on each pole for hanging baskets, plant the whole thing in middle of your bed, and grow something beautiful on it. I just love the simplicity of this one. (Remember to paint it a fun color that will accent your garden, and you're good to go.

If you are looking for a smaller project, try attaching some old pieces of picket fencing to an orange crate, and voila...a cute place to disguise some plants in regular pots. (The wrought iron bits behind the fencing belong to another planter on the other side of the orange crate one).

And last but definitely not least, the cutest little pottager garden ever! The inside dimensions of the bed are only about 4' x 3', but it was so adorable, and just crammed with goodies. The pavers outlined it (and made a path up to it), and were interplanted with some sweet alyssum. A rusty old garden gate in the center made a trellis for tomatoes, and planted around the edges were green onions, kale & cabbages, and other goodies. A lot of tasty stuff in a very small and attractive space.

Hope these pics have given you some good ideas for the garden. I know just where I'm going to put MY...

Comments (29)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional