SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_seattle

Quick intro from Seattle.

grant_in_seattle
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just a quick intro here. My name is Grant and I just moved back home to Seattle after six years down in Phoenix. I just bought a very tiny little cottage in Seattle in one of my favorite neighborhoods. It's got little peakaboo views of Puget Sound, and is a short three blocks from the rocky but calm shore of the Sound.

The house and garden have been pretty neglected, but I'm excited to whip both in to shape, so I'm looking forward to talking with you all about plants and cottage gardens in particular. They've always been my favorite (with some crazed bold-leaf foliage mixed in too) so I'm excited to be here. I've been gardening passionately every day since I was five years old, and I'm chomping at the bit to get this newest small place in order.

I've got a ton of plants from friends, family, and trips that I've been carting around for years, literally, and am looking forward to getting them, and some new ones, all settled in to a long-term home. I use my vegetable crisper in the fridge as my "seed bank" from catalogs, seed exchanges, seed-harvesting, and vacations from all over. I'm sure I'm not the only one here doing that? :)

A lot of the houses around my new place have either been demolished and replaced with large new homes, or have substantial additions. I'm planning on just leaving this one alone and returning it to its cottage roots (prevous owner converted it in to a very-1970's pad so I've got my work cut out for me!)

In any case, thanks for letting me hang out, and thanks for all of the great post and pics. I've really been enjoying them.

Take care,

Grant

Comments (29)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio