SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idmike_gw

Intro or My Name is IDMike and I'm a Gardener...

idmike
14 years ago

Is this addictive or what?

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm a transplanted city girl who found herself in Boise, ID at the behest of the US Air Force and decided to stay. Have a great hubby & two wonderful kids i will probably talk to much about. I also have a very good friend, Shmuel, who is my fellow gardening addict.. er, enthusiast.

I've spent the last three years planting in the ground, amending the soil, fighting the weeds, etc. I've overwatered, underwatered, picked too early, picked to late, pulled seedlings i thought were weeds and nurtured weeds i thought were seedlings. (city girl, remember?)

Anyway, i may *finally* be getting the hang of this. Last year i built a little cold box & earlier this month Shmuel built me a 2ft X 6ft raised bed in which to try SFG. So far it's pretty cool... Sprouts from seeds in under a week is hard to argue with afterall.

The Plan takes us from 12sq ft to 112sq ft next year - okay, probably, slowly thru this growing season - which i'll admit is pretty intimidating. I figure i'll move my stuff from the ground into the beds. (The Plan leaves an herb garden, strawberry patch, parsnips, garlic, & rhubarb in the ground around the beds)

Whoops, so much for a quick intro. Anyway, I've really enjoyed playing catch up here. The archives have been incredibly helpful. Maybe some day i'll be an old hand and have a few answers to go with my gazillions of questions!

IDMike

oh, and thanks again Sifonian for the potato advice...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County