SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcsteg

Let's talk about...conifer bed design & flow

dcsteg
15 years ago

This morning I awoke to the first dusting of snow on the garden. The conifers and various plants are covered in a veil of white. These photos place the emphasis the on the flow of the garden design.

I am an advocator of free flowing design. Each conifer bed I design needs to flow and complement the other.

I believe the starting point is working within the confines of the site, finding strategies that suit both nature and man in the same garden. In each bed design I try to incorporate a design with rocks, accompanying deciduous plants and other natural garden art to give a pleasing effect.

I shot these photos because the snow brings out the border design. It would be nice to have a wide angle lends to have the design in one photo. These photos do not allow me to provide the full picture of the garden.

Photo one begins the sequence that will end with photo four to view the entire design (although parts of the garden are still missing). With a little imagination you can tie the entire design together.

Dave

{{gwi:843958}}

{{gwi:754193}}

{{gwi:843960}}

{{gwi:843962}}

Additional photos... no particular order.

{{gwi:843964}}

{{gwi:843966}}

{{gwi:843968}}

{{gwi:843970}}

Comments (11)