SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasonkola

Irregular open umbrella like canapy pine?

jasonkola
16 years ago

well I am looking for a tree that has a Irregular open umbrella like canapy. its needs to grow at a medium rate. and I would prefer if it didn't get above 20 feet tall or so. if it grows as wid as tall or wider that would be good. I would also would prefer if the tree did not have branches that grows al the way to the ground and a thicker trunk would be nice too. I have almost make my mind on the Pinus densiflora 'Umbraculifera' . it seems it will grow well in my aria. But I know there is lots of other options out there. so I thought I would see what the experts on here had to say. also If I get this tree I need to know how much water it needs. I have read it is somewhat drout tollerant. but I plan on setting up an automatic water line with drip emiters arround the tree. which I will run only in the dry hot spells we sometimes get arround heres. my question is just how much water will be too much and how much water will be too little if we ho a 6 or 8 weeks without any rain while hot arround uper 90's and lower 100's on the hotter days. I know the soil type effects but I don't know my soil type. but I do believe it has a average drain rate not slow or fast. I know too many questions but just trying to plan my yard I will be planning to put in in the spring. I will be planning from scratch. so I am planning from the botttom up. thanks

Comments (14)