SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygardener_gw

Crazy Female Cardinal!

butterflygardener
16 years ago

Well, this female cardinal in my yard is driving me, my family, my cats (and her mate) crazy. She is flailing against my windows non-stop! I know she sees her reflection in the window. And believe me I keep them dirty enough that I don't see how she can soo it! Well that is my excuse anyway! I had my DH put a net up to break up the reflection (an internet site said it would work) ---- not so much. She would fling against the net and bounce back to her perch. It almost looked like fun, but, these crazy birds will do this to exhaustion! Next I put up a piece of fabric that totally cover the upper window (which is were she hits the window) and most of the bottom window. Well she flew under the fabric and hit lower, finally she worked at the cloth until the tape job gave way. Thank God my DH is off today and putting up a roll-up blind to cover the window. As she is neglecting the male and he is getting tired of chasing her away from the windows and trying to get her to pay him some attention. Please let me know if any of you have had this problem, I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

Kat

Comments (7)