SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floridajane_gw

Thumbs Down to the Box Store!

floridajane
16 years ago

Ooo! I'm so annoyed with the local home improvement box store! Today they had a pallet of plants that had been pulled because.. well, box store people were taking care of them. The plants were very dry and had sunburned edges on their leaves. In total there were 6 palms and 8 yellow gingers. Of course the store manager said that they were all going to the trash because their leaves were unsightly, so I offered to save him a trip. He told me that the plants were all going in the trash because if he gave them to me then I could come back later, claim that they had died, and ask for my money back. Though I pointed out that I wouldn't have a receipt his box store mind was made up. He trucked the plants out to the back and stuffed them in the trash compactor right then and there to make sure I didn't pull a fast one and go dumpster diving on him! Argghhh! I understand why a store can't go around advertising that they have free plants available, but they should at least either offer them on discount or fix them up. Getting the trash compactor for looking less than perfect is ridiculous. I hope his wife doesn't have bedhead one morning or he'll probably try to compact her too!

How can we pressure these stores into dealing with their cast-offs in a better, less land-fill-centric way??

Jane

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor