SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikec_dsm

Ipe .Com Advantage Lumber 2 Thumbs Down!!!!!

mikec_dsm
16 years ago

I just completed my deck project and want to give my $.02 on Ipe.com/Advantage Lumber. In my opinion they get 2 thumbs down . After reading the many posts here I checked with East Teak and Victory and they all had the same price. I went with Advantage Lumber because they were closer to me and the shipping was less. My 2 main issues are that I received 2 damaged boards (not from shipping) and the process took over a week to get replacements. The second and more important was my contractor had order way to many balusters, a few extra deck boards and railings. I asked about returning them at my cost and the answer was ok but their will be a 25% restocking fee. By the time I pay for shipping or me taking them back I would be lucky to get half my money back. IÂve been in the service business my entire career and 25% is outrageous. You can complain all you want about Home Depot and LoweÂs but I never had them deny me a return and never a restocking fee. I donÂt know if the others are any better but this is my first and last visit to Advantage.

Here is a copy of JonÂs message:

Mike,

The best I could do is a 25% restocking fee when you bring that back to us.

Thanks,

Jon Fletcher

Advantage Trim and Lumber

716-827-3915

www.ipedepot.com

www.advantagelumber.com

Comments (2)