SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ibarbidahl

So, if you could...

ibarbidahl
11 years ago

If you could start all over with your beds and you were able to make the choice, would you isolate your garden soil?

I am in the position where I need to remake a few of my beds for ease of access. My mobility is decreasing unfortunately and I need to be more comfortable. I have the chance now to line all of these beds if I want to. They will be 24-28" deep at the soil height. I am aiming for 28-30" in total height for ease of transfer/sitting height.

Also, due to cost considerations any input as to how to fill these suckers is greatly appreciated as I'm not sure I want to put 100% soil in them. I can't imagine the costs associated with soil only and filling with rock in the bottom would make it prohibitive for us to ever move them if needed.

As for construction we finally found a way that while not pretty will be cheap. We get metal box pallets at work that we will try to find a way to use. THey are 42x48" and we would then only frame them out in wood, for aestetics and also for a seat at the top/a railing. It will still take us a little brain power to figure out the details but I am truly hoping to have it all figured out by next week and getting started before February!

PLEASE

Comments (26)