SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

You think my yard is all daylilies, not true. (pictures)

newyorkrita
15 years ago

In case some might think my yard is mostly daylilies, its really not so. I have lots of roses, shrubs and too many things to list.

{{gwi:681356}}

Clematis tower in bloom. House Wren has a nest in the birdhouse in back of it. He starts signing at first light and its right outside my bedroom window.

You can see some of my viburnums in bloom way in the back.

{{gwi:689438}}

Front yard bulb Lily bed. Roses in back of them.

{{gwi:689432}}

This is the daylily bed I call the Relocation Garden. Because all the clumps pictured here were relocated to this spot from other places in the yard this spring. It is just to the right of the bulb lily bed.

I put those bulb lilies in this spring.

I dug a big trench and planted about 160 of them in each trench. The other trench is in the terraces garden.

Looking at a section of my right side front yard. Daylily bed put in last year. Shrub rose bed behind it put in last spring also.

Closer look at those daylilies.

{{gwi:257933}}

Looking at this section of yard from the other way. When these roses bloom, it is just awesome.

Here is a little section of garden by my front porch. Behind all those roses, but you can not see them in the picture, are bulb lilies and some daylilies planted. I moved some of the daylily clumps from here into the relocation garden and replaced them with taller flowering daylilies.

{{gwi:681369}}

I am upstairs in my top backyard. I have a rambler rose growing up my cherry tree. Only year three for it so its still not up there quite yet. Lovely in bloom.

Here is a little garden section that has a small section of rose hedge and then daylilies planted around it. This rose (LAVAGLUT) is unbelievable in bloom.

Comments (9)