SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

Many emotions

scents_from_heaven
14 years ago

It seems that things go wrong here often and having been absent for an extended period of time I was looking forward to catching up with my fellow GW friends gardens, etc. This forum has always been active, open, fun and once in a while feelings got hurt but people got over them and we moved on. My past few years have not been great but things are looking up and I was so looking forward to visiting with my many friends at Ricky's swap. It took me some time to grow familiar with his brand of humor but I learned to take him with a grain of salt and to speak in a responding saracastic tone when I felt it was necessary. It has been difficult being away and I am lucky to be alive to return due to diabetic complications and a near death experience. This taught me the value of listenng to people when they express their opinions, take sides if it is something that I feel strongly about, but mostly to relax, realize we are not allthe same nor will we ever think alike. This forum has always been for everyone who gardens in Florida and that is the way it should be. After reading posts and seeing that Ricky's swap is cancelled and he has left the forum my soul is filled with mixec tumultuous emotions and I feel as if my family has fallen apart. I love you guys and wish I could visit some of you more often and share time with you in your gardens. I had tken pictures of my garden to share and was expecting Ricky's humor along with compliments and advice. Now I think I will stick to email for a while to those I truly cherish and can contact and spend more time in my garden. You have all helped me to make it through some sad times and have shared many beautifulplants with me that remind me of the caring and love you offered to me. It saddens me to see how this forum is changing, but that is life. Know I will be thinking of you and may lurk from time to time, but at the moment I need to concentrate on surviving and now find a new place to go the end of the month for a day of rest. Happy gardening, Linda

Comments (2)