SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lodigardner

re: orange tree dying! help! spider mites

lodigardner
15 years ago

hi everyone ive recently posted pics of my orange (citrange?) tree. People say its in bad condition, which I realize, so I want to take it out.(chop it off!) but it appears some people have said its infested with spider mites, and to certify that, earlier today (about 3 pm) ive noticed lots of webbing and a creepy *@#@%! on a web, i was soo mad! so i want to cut it but i also want to start a garden near it and plant a fig tree. The problem: will my garden be infested after chopping the tree down? can i spray with orange oil or something like garlic all around my yard to make sure the mites die? how can i maintain my to be garden to not have mites? whats a mixture that i can spray every week or so to prevent them? I hate these pests and don't want them destroying great plants or a fig tree! will removing the tree eliminate the mites? I know many people around my area with gardens, for many many years, and dont even know what spider mites are and never experienced them. They are lucky, i am poor beginner! thank you everyone, i aprreciate your feedback and support.

Comments (7)