SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seagoatgirl

Meyer Lemon leaf size as indicator of ???

westgirl
11 years ago

Hi All,
I have a dwarf IML that is about 11 years old. It's always lived in pots, and suffered a mysterious near-demise last year (I've posted about it before)from which it is finally recovering.It is currently inside, and producing a lot of new leaves (which it desparately needed). I noticed in looking at photographs of it's history, that the leaf size started to diminish before the other symptoms of it's decline a year ago. Now that it's happily growing new leaves, they also seem smaller than it used to have. Granted, they aren't full size yet, but I'm wondering if this is indicative of a nutrient issue, or general health of the tree? Something that Patty wrote elsewhere left me wondering if the rootstock could be a type that has diminished returns after some years. Any ideas? I'm fertilizing weekly weakly with Hi N Pro - which I just happened to have on hand. This tree is still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm looking forward to it someday regaining it's glory. Thanks in advance for any wisdom on this issue! Westgirl.

Comments (18)