SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprucehelp

Help Im loosing my Blue Spruces and not sure what to do

sprucehelp
15 years ago

I have lost one of my 30 yr old blue spruces and Im not sure why, what is happening is the needles are falling off from the trunk and working their way out to the branch tips. I inspected them and dont see anything unusual. The tree that died is on my north side of the house. But I have now noticed I have two planted side by side on my south side of my house and one of them it is doing the same thing and it cant be dying of old age because I have new growth this spring on all the tips of the branches and it seems to be spreading to the tree that is planted next to it. These two tree are 20 yrs old, around 30 to 40 feet tall and around 20 to 25 feet in diameter, its heart breaking. I always thought spruces were maintenance free, are there sprays I should be using or diseases I should be worried about???? Please help... Also I am located in Indiana an hr north west of Indianapolis so zone wise is there things I need to worry about ie insects or diseases. Like I said these trees are well into there mature life and just now having these life threatning issues, never any problems before the last two or three years.

Comments (5)