SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffoxtoby

Norway Spruce not looking healthy

jeffoxtoby
9 years ago

Hoping someone can advise what is wrong with a Picea Abies 'Norway Spruce' I planted about 18 months ago. It's about 8ft tall x 6ft wide. I suspect it may be spider mites, I shook the branches over white paper & there were some small insects which could have been 'spider mites'. There is a thinning of needles on some of the lower branches on the West side of the tree. Didn't notice this until yesterday - sigh. I sprayed the tree with a solution of 'Bonide All Seasons horticultural & dormant oil' yesterday hoping this may help.

Can anyone throw light on what the problem is? I will try to post photos of the tree for you to peruse. I'm new to this forum so stumbling on posting this.

I'm an English import to USA filling up my 1.3 acres with Conifers, Japanese Maples & Hostas, very quickly becoming a Conifer addict, already beyond hope with Hosta addiction. Was an active gardener in my youth, now on a learning curve again, making many mistakes now returning to gardening as a hobby in my 50s but trying not to make the same ones twice.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County