SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cal_00

2 Questions on Norway Spruce transplant and Blue Spruce color

Cal_00
10 years ago

Hello, I have two questions that I'm seeking help on. I've tried to do a Google search on both question but I get totally different answer. My questions are....

1. I'm buying some 2-3' Norway Spruce that at 4 years old (2 years potted, 2 years in ground) They are going to come bare root around mid November. My question is if I plant these in pots with some potting soil and keep these inside throughout winter, will the root system/tree grow better then if it were to be in the ground outside? The pots will be located in my kitchen which gets 6+ hours of direct sunlight if this even matters.

2. I'm buying a 4' Colorado Blue Spruce. I've been told that the color or shade of blue will not change over time...is this true? I went to a few nurseries and they have different shades of Blue Spruce. The nurseries with the darker blues told me they will lighten up within time and vice versa...nurseries selling light blues told me that darker Spruces will not lighten up and to buy them a the color I'm looking for.

Comments (3)