SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Peonies, Roses and Reblooming irses (heavy load)

Annie
13 years ago

{{gwi:623445}}

{{gwi:623446}}

These were all deadheaded and are reblooming.

Red and yellow Knockout roses in back with Rosa Ispahan.

Hot Pink Peonies about to bloom (first year)

{{gwi:623447}}

Hardy red Hibiscus at its feet. Dark Pink Phlox behind it and apricot w/soft pink Johanna Dahlia to the left - neither blooming yet. White Phlox and Fannick Phlox in there too. This in the statue area.

Peace rose - more blooms

{{gwi:623448}}

Love & Peace are at Hand!

{{gwi:623449}}

Peace Bud

{{gwi:623451}}

Rosa, New Day, fully opened

{{gwi:623453}}

Knock Out Rose with first Bachelor Button bloom

{{gwi:623454}}

Deep Purple Beauty Berry

(grown from seeds that some sweet somebody on the forum sent to me - wink). Can't wait for the berries!

{{gwi:623455}}

Rosa, Betty Prior with Irises

{{gwi:623456}}

Fannick Phlox in front with other roses. This area was added last year.

Pink & white fancy Peonies, Irises and Betty Prior Rose

{{gwi:623457}}

Oakleaf Hydrangea in back on the right, just beginning to bloom. Fannick Phlox in front.

Reblooming Irises with white Species rose in back

{{gwi:623458}}

This species rose came from my Great-grandmother's garden ruins on their old homestead place. It has a super fragrance - peppery old-rose smell. I want it to grow up over the chicken run. Birds love nesting in it and eating the rose hips in the fall & winter.

Here is my parent species rose growing up and over the back of the carport. Makes beautiful tiny red rose hips in the fall. New Dawn rose is next to her on the right.

{{gwi:623459}}

Irises - May Night in back

Patio area of garden. Tiger Lilies & Asiatics grow under the Golden Rain tree on the left. Lilies are budded, but not yet in bloom.

{{gwi:623460}}

Gigantic Allium - close-up

I love these.

{{gwi:623461}}

Patio Garden Area

Looking towards potting shed/greenhouse

{{gwi:623462}}

Gartendirektor Otto Linne & Centenaire de Lourdes roses grow there. You can just make out the little make-shift arch I placed over top of the two roses's towers for them to clamber up on when they grow up...someday.

Peace with Reblooming Irises and May Night

{{gwi:623463}}

Yellow Knock Out Rose

{{gwi:623464}}

Behind it against the wattle fence is a Climbing Red Don Juan (or Red Knight), Black and Blue salvias and Gladiolas. One the back side of the fence I have Rosa, America (cl). She is budded and will bloom soon for the first time. I hope she will someday cover that fence. In front of the yellow rose are white and pink Cleomes, just seedlings now.

~Annie

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!