SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Any Funny or Odd Christmas Cooking Stories?

thinman
16 years ago

The reason I ask is that I just finished eating a couple of gingerbread men, which I love, and it made me think of something DD2 did a few years ago. She was quite a young wife at the time and her home was, and is, a log cabin right at the edge of a maple forest.

She decided to make gingerbread men for Christmas, so she got the dough all ready and started cutting them out and baking them. All was going pretty well for her, but you know how after you get done cutting, there are always scraps left over to be squished together and rolled out again for more cookies. Apparently she had quite a bit of dough to start with, and she was getting increasingly upset that every time she cut out cookies, she kept having more @#!*! dough to gather and roll to make more @#!!* cookies. After imagining no end to this, she reached her limit, and did the first thing that popped into her frustrated head. She opened the back door and threw the last lump of dough as far as she could into the woods. Maybe it's there still.

Have you had a dough-throwing moment? Let's hear it!

ThinMan

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County