SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Do you have a funny or awkward Christmas gift story?

Oakley
8 years ago

I'm loving these gift topics! The topic about not liking certain gifts at Christmas reminded me of a funny & awkward situation I was in.

I was in Dillards a couple of weeks before Christmas buying some makeup for myself at the Estee Lauder counter. When I made my purchase I was given a huge, and I mean huge, makeup/lotions/perfume sample kit. The kit was about 20" x 15". EL has nice size samples too.

I decided to give it to my MIL as one of her Christmas gifts, knowing she'd like it. She loved experimenting with new makeup anyway. I had planned on telling her it was a freebie, she wouldn't have cared.

She was spending the night Christmas Eve, and a commercial for E.L. came on. I casually mentioned how I love getting their free kits with purchases. She immediately said, "I can't stand those." Nevermind that I had seen those little EL makeup pouches in her bathroom. :)

She was the type who would often disagree just for disagreement sake, but she was a very nice woman.

As soon as she left the room I grabbed the gift and took it to the bedroom. Weird!

Do you have any funny memories?

Comment