SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Any funny TG or Christmas stories?

Oakley
12 years ago

Surely many of you had those "Oh No!" moments at holidays, and now in hindsight, they're hilarious!

I have two off the top of my head, both done by DS1.

All the family was coming out to dinner. DH was smoking the turkey in the garage. Garage has two doors. Both boys were riding their trikes-whatevers around in circles, in and out the doors, having a blast, until..well you guessed it, DS1 ran into the smoker and knocked the turkey on the concrete.

We kind of washed it off, and put it back into the smokers. No one knew but us. :)

When DS1 was in college, TG week I actually did my first plan-ahead table setting. The table was all decked out for the large gathering. I could not WAIT for everyone to see my stunning table.

He comes home early TG morning, and being an engineering major he always had math homework.

When I wasn't looking, he sat at the table (only place to do this kind of homework), and scooted EVERYTHING to the side of the table then laid his books, paper, calc, all over it! I felt like the kid in Home Alone when he put his hands to his cheek and shrieked! lol.

But then I just smiled and quickly got over it, because of my pride and my sense of humor.

I also had a cat that ate a big hole in the Pumpkin Pie and we just cut the slice out. Heh.

Comments (12)