SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Mgt. says can't have iron trellis--what can I use?

esther_b
10 years ago

I took pics yesterday of my Nelly Moser because she was in bloom at last. The gorgeous iron trellis I bought to match the wrought iron porch railing of our co-op building has now been condemned by the mgt. because "the insurance people think it's dangerous and could uproot and damage the building during a tornado." In NYC, we had a microburst tornado 2 years ago. It uprooted trees and broke branches. I didn't see any trellises laying around on the street. Nevertheless, I have to re-support my Nelly without the iron trellis. The support can't be too high. The mgt. suggested more "sticks" like the 5' high spiral vinyl-covered stake. Now there's too much Nelly to fit on one of those, as I previous posted. Could 2 of them, plus some SOFT netting between, be a good and attractive Nelly support? The mgr. said my green spiral support "wouldn't be so noticed by insurance people" and so was OK.

RIDICULOUS!!! He said the insurance morons also condemn my soft plastic 6" high Adirondack fencing around the tree in the yard as "too pointy". Jeez Louise, what morons. Any ideas on a non-pointy replacement for THAT, it is used to keep the mulch in place and to inform dog owners that the garden is off limits to their pee-ers and poopers.

Comments (8)