SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_mcmahon8961987

Old, Deep Cast Iron Sink or New Sink? I can't decide

Cindy McMahon
9 years ago

Hello, would love to hear from those of you who have lived with an antique cast iron sink in their kitchens. I have an old double bowl sink with a high back almost identical to the one below. Our window set up will be just like this and we are fortunate enough to look out over a lake. The house is a cottage style home and our cabinets are custom made (very reasonably!) by a local Amish cabinet maker. We are doing white oak stained natural (not white like in this photo) and I plan to do a marble looking quartz countertop. Love the look of this but my dilemma is will I like the function? My current sink in my existing home is a single bowl Whitehaus farm sink. Love the look but do not like the function (always looks messy and has to be sprayed out and I do not like the single bowl. Although the Whitehaus is dropped below the counter-I don't really prep there so I think having this big lip on the cast iron sink may not bother me but others have said it will. In the new kitchen I will have a small sink in a beverage area that is undermounted. Love to hear your thoughts! Thank you.

Repurposing a salvaged sink · More Info

from thise

Comments (20)