SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pmermakov

Ideas for fantastic Clematis Combos wanted!!

pmermakov
12 years ago

Hi, I would like to start a thread of photos and ideas you have implemented for great clematis combos. I'm especially interested in combining clematis with clematis, but also love the rose/clematis combo and other perennials as well. I just started collecting clematis in 2010, so most of mine are on the sleeping or creeping stage of things.

I saw the thread about "great clematis combos" and I was like, irish_rose_grower about being disappointed the photos were deleted. So, let us start a new thread filled with ideas and fantastic photos!!

When deciding on what to pair up with each other, I always stick with the same pruning requirements (2's with 2's and 3's with 3's). I really love going for color contrast! Other ideas I have read about are: Combining to extend the blooming period (early with mid or late season). Also, planting the same color, but two different forms and or size of flower.

A few that I am especially excited about having tried last year, but most I do not have photos of yet are:

Forever Friends with Romantika

Ashva with Cicciolina

Miss Bateman with Asao

Fireworks with Niobe

Blue Angel with Happy Birthday

Relections with Md Julia Correvon

Md Le Coultre with Venosa Viola

Betty Corning with Plena Elegans

Emila Plater with Ville de Lyon

Comtesse de Bouchaud with John Huxtable

Just a few photos I have so far that show combos:

Relections with Md Julia Correvon: