SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewofthelemon

Lemon Tea, Fresh Made

andrewofthelemon
13 years ago

When your pruning, you might try to root some of the cuttings, but the majority will just be thrown in the trash, if your like me. What will we do with the rest of the cut plant?

I recently tried to quit soda (which i was **crosses that out: am) horribly addicted to. I have no turned my drinking attentions to tea, for its caffeine, and its variety, the two things i loved about soda. I bought some really expensive fancy lemon tea, and it was great. I feel like making my own now.

First off, has anyone tried this? Levels of success?

Secondly, How do you/we think this should be done?

Should i take some leaves, mash them up, throw them at the bottom of a mug of water, and put it in the microwave? Any other ideas how> Or do you think there is not enough lemoney flavor in leaves, and that i should: A. add more things to my home-made tea, because the leaves would be to bitter or something; B: give up home-made lemon tea, and find something else to make my tea out of; C: Any other method of getting the lemon flavor out of the leaves and into the water to make tea

Or D: give up on this crazy idea, OR none of the above: (insert comment/response here)

Eagerly waiting everyones opinions on this

Thanks in advance

-Andrew

NOTE: i am not going to defoliate my tree to make tea, if I do this, i will maybe take a leaf or three off everyonce in a while, or if they fall of or something, i will not kill a tree for tea, i inadvertantly seem to almost do that without an alterior motive.

Comments (12)