SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffy_z5_6_can

A little story...

tiffy_z5_6_can
13 years ago

This past summer my DD and I went to my parents place 3 hours away for a week. We brought 30+ Monarch crysalis with us and released them during the week with family. Here I am with my sister (middle) and neice (left) releasing Monarchs on my DM's Buddleia.

{{gwi:421196}}

I had planted some Milkweed along with this Buddleia just last year in my mother's garden. When we checked out the Milkweed, we found many caterpillars so my parents insisted that I bring them back with me when I left. As we released, we would take in the cats and care for them. My parents were tickled pink by the process.

Three days ago I received a call from my mother saying she had an emergency. "I found a Monarch caterpillar and it is HUGE!! I brought it in the house and it's eating the milkweed I gave it... What do I do?!??" I explained that she was doing just fine and that since it was so big it would probably form it's crysalis soon. Yesterday I got the phone call that the cat is in crysalis form. :O)

My parents are both 85. I can see the both of them checking their 'baby' every day in the terrarium I left for them on top of the piano. They released some Monarchs with me in August so I know that they will do well with this one.

Comments (5)

Sponsored