SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleymermaid

Drying Lavender in Central Valley, Visalia????

valleymermaid
16 years ago

I got some great information in the Dried & Pressed Flowers forum regarding my questions on drying Lavender, but I find sometimes that the answers I am looking for are not always accurate for our living conditions here in the San Joaquin Valley.

Is there anyone here that lives, in the Central Valley, close to Visalia, or better in Visalia, where it gets in the triple digits? When is the best time to harvest Lavender here? Does it have to be early morning and if so, how early? Can it be evening? Is my garage is to hot to dry them in? Or should I dry the in a cool place? Because the garage isn't cool even in May, the high will be 93 degrees today. And last how do I know when they are dry enough to use for sachet's or potpourri, or even dried arraignments? Because I keep hearing conflicting info on how long to dry lavender.

I'd really love to find someone who lives in this part of California who has experience drying flowers, because Vislaia is NOT The Bay area Nor Southern California, by any stretch of the means. We have LOOOOOOOOOOOONG hot, humid, miserable summers.

Thank!

Valerie

Comments (4)