SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Beautiful Day in Central CA

lesdvs9
17 years ago

It was another really nice day here in the valley. I got both the front and back flower beds watered. I'm hoping the next rain they're forcasting for next week comes in, we really could use it. I've got some bulbs coming up nicely now. I've got a sedum plant recovering from the roots, a whole new plant growing. I cut the total crispy critter off the top. I got 4 new bareroot roses planted this last week so feel like I accomplished something among the disaster that's the garden. A couple of mums have new growth coming from the bottom also so I cut the tops all off of them too. The Australian Tree ferns are still looking pretty sad but have some new growth inside so I'm leaving the ugly brown on the outside but I'm really itching to cut off the dead fronds.

I picked up a couple of strong trellis' at Lowes today for a mini climber that I started last summer that will need it this spring, they were only started on a small one.

But what a nice couple of days it's been, I don't know how long it'll last but I'm enjoying it for right now. This last 12 months has been some really weird weather from all the rain last year to the really hot summer and then the freezes and now this. Still it's nice to be outside puttering around the flower beds, guess I'll tackle weeds tomorrow. I'd still rather do that than be inside doing house work:)

Comments (12)