SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Starting winter sowing

calpat
16 years ago

I did get the Daffodils and Ranaculus in the ground, but I also took some geranium cuttings, hoping to get a few starters to fill in next spring. I got Sweetpea seeds planted in a soiless mix, along with some other seeds that have long since lost their tags. I suppose I'm jumping the season a bit for seed planting, but I'm also finding that I do what I can do when this ole bod gives me a go ahead signal. I see some new Hollyhock plants emerging, didn't save seeds from those, they pretty much take care of themselves. My DayLilies didn't do much of anything this season, the blooms were pretty pathetic lookiing. I'll have to see about getting them up or giving them a good dose of fertilizer. They haven't been in so long as to really needing deviding. I still have hope for the Mums! No sign of budding up yet, but the plants look pretty good, so hoping for a bumper crop. Dahlias slowly dieing down, they won't get dug this year. Oh yes, I want to see about some Salvia seeds for other than what I see at the nurseries, which are mostly blue, I want some other colors, got a lot of blue thruout the gardens.

Comments (15)