SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdogmom

I'm busted...yet again

tdogmom
17 years ago

Okay, those of you veterans know how I have this BAD habit, um, tendency, to err by not always completely sealing off my little ol' bug cups. This has caused caterpillar escapees to go off to pupate in the most bizaare locations over the years.

Today I received a phone call from dear hubby, who is now retired and living a wonderful leisure (ha!) life. Since he's been sick he isn't out surfing right now and has lots of (hehehe) free time on his hands. Apparently, he'd left to go out to work in the garden since it was such a lovely day and came in to find a Monarch butterfly FLYING around the inside of the house! Yes, this butterfly was flying around!!! (oops! I had to have him repeat that since I thought he said the butterfly was flying around the OUTSIDE of the house)

He said he was finally able to capture the big guy and put him outside. I asked if he was able to gender ID it and he said, "No, but I think it might have been a boy. And, hon, where did this one escape from?" Uhhhhh...talk about sheepishness...

When I got home, I went straight to the bathroom nursery to see where this butterfly MIGHT have been. I almost fell over because what did I see but ANOTHER Monarch sitting, pretty as you please, on top of the counter! Good thing hubby was outside, chatting with a neighbor! :P I calmly and quickly put this lovely lady inside a pop-up (I am going to put her outside tomorrow along with the two GFs that had eclosed at school).

Yes, I figured out where the other 'escapee' came from. I had forgotten several pupae that were on the counter...OOPS! Normally, I keep them on the ledge by the mirror but for some reason, I'd put these on the counter. *sigh*

Good thing my husband is used to me and doesn't flip out over escapees!

Comments (9)

Sponsored