SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19722038

I'm going to try this again...

User
5 years ago

I posted this yesterday and it's stuck in my account but hasn't appeared, don't know why so here I go again...I don't see anything offensive in it.

I had the misfortune to walk around Walmart Garden center today. I don't have anything against Walmart, I shop there regularly, I'm not ashamed of being seen there like some people are. Anyway, they had several of those movable racks loaded with brand new plants from the nursery, about half of the plants were dead or dying. The plants already in the display area the same situation, but about 1/4 of them were in that shape. So me being a plant and garden fan, I was just horrified to see all these wonderful plants being wasted like this. I spoke to the poor guy (only one person in the whole area and he was the cashier) and he said yes he realized the problem but the store was just understaffed. He said those new plants had been delivered 4 days ago and they were still sitting where they were left the day they came in because there wasn't anyone to take care of them. I asked him if there was any management in the store to talk to and he said yes but that he doubted that they could do anything because the corporate office ran staffing and hiring, etc. While we were talking a woman that I had noticed was out there came in, she was totally rude and irate, insisting that a manager be sent to her and that she was demanding to be able to buy these plants at a deep discount or all hell was to pay. When she went back out I told the guy, hey, I'm upset but I don't want to be spending money on dead or dying plants, either. So I went back into the customer service area and spoke to some kind of a lower-ranking manager and she said she was going to try to speak to someone higher up about it. Man, to see that waste is such a bummer. But it does no good to be rude to the underlings about stuff they can't do anything about.

Comments (22)