SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikey33_gw

Success with Angel Wing

mikey33
14 years ago

I received a begonia cutting from a friend. It's my first begonia, so I'm quite happy. (Well actually I grew tuberous begonias outdoors years ago.) At first I thought it was a rex, but after looking at pictures on the web, I think it's an Angel Wing. (It has a purple color on the back of the leaves, and silver spots on the front). At first I had it in water, but nothing happened. It actually started to die, so I put rooting hormone on it and potted the stem in soil. Still it kept dieing. The bottom leaves fell off and the rest of the leaves got very shriveled. I thought that was the end. But I kept the soil moist, and now she is thriving. The shoot is growing new leaves from the tip. I also took 2 stem cuttings and applied rooting hormone and laid them down in moist soil in a clear tupperware container covered with saran wrap. (Like a mini greenhouse)

They are in a sunny window, and they look like they are starting to shoot. My friends plant is huge. About 5 feet tall, and has a lot of reddish flowers.

Thanks to you for all the advice I got from browsing this forum.

Comments (2)