SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Top ten pics from San Antonio's botanical garden

grant_in_arizona
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I spent the long holiday weekend in San Antonio, Texas just for fun (no idea why I picked it, but I'm glad I did, I just wanted a short flight to a place I've never been).

ANYWAY, I thought gardeners here might enjoy seeing just the top ten pics I took of their botanical garden (a must see for gardeners visiting that city). I must admit, I had some serious climate envy at the garden, and all over the city (I stayed downtown). The humidity and just slight cooler nights seems to really allow them to grow a lot of plants that really struggle here in Phoenix.

There was a lot of plant overlap (Mexican fan palms, red birds of paradise, coral fountain, oleanders, lantanas, hibiscus, agaves, aloes, and some cacti (less than I expected)), but there was also a lot that seemed to grow well there that struggle here.

Nothing fancy, just ten pics, but I thought you might enjoy.
The link is posted below, just click on it.

And just for fun, below are a few other random pics from around the city (click the link for the pics of the botanical garden). Definitely a fun place to visit, and an easy less-than-two-hour flight.

Happy gardening,
Grant

One of many stairways from street level down to the charming Riverwalk area downtown.

{{gwi:410763}}

Riverwalk theater. Love the look and the plants. Neat concerts each weekend night. Grandstand seating, built into slope, on opposite side.

{{gwi:410764}}

One of MANY great mansions in the King William historic district, and easy 30 minute walk south of downtown (walk along the parklike San Antonio river the whole way)

{{gwi:410765}}

San Jose Mission, already over 500 years old.

{{gwi:410766}}

One of the MANY restaurants lining the bustling and charming Riverwalk section downtown

{{gwi:410767}}

The non-touristy part of the Riverwalk, just south of downtown, walking down to the King William historic district. No restaurants or tour boats on this section, but beautifully planted and very park-like.

{{gwi:410768}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Top ten pics I took from San Antonio's botanical garden

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH