SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juttah_gw

Cat pooping on patio � help!

Juttah
9 years ago

Hello fellow AZ Gardenwebbers, my elderly parents (north Phoenix) have a new problem to contend with, as if they don't already have enough problems of their own.

A cat has started pooping on their patio, right on the tiles!

If it were me, I'd buy a kitty litter box and deal with it, but my dad is nearly blind (plus he's squeamish and has a borderline cat phobia, lol) and my mother has cancer and a compromised immune system, so a newly-installed litter box that needs to be cleaned is out of the question.

Also, they do not know whose cat it is -- but they don't think it's a feral or stray cat. They believe it's someone's pet.

Questions: In Maricopa county, is it against the law to let cats roam? I find plenty of references to a leash law for dogs, but I couldn't find anything about cats.

And, being that this is a potential health hazard for mother at least, will Animal Control deal with it? I found plenty of stuff about "stray" and "feral" cat control, but nothing about a cat potentially belonging to someone.

I have a raccoon trap and will deal with the problem myself as a last resort, but I'd rather go the legal route. Any advice?

Comments (8)