SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan273

You can't hate trees for being invasive

perennialfan273
14 years ago

Hello

I'm constantly seeing posts about how invasive many different trees are (especially pauwlonias) and I keep thinking to myself "how can you be mad at mother nature?!?!". Yes, I know they're invasive and they're non-native (some of them), but can you really blame them for adapting to changes. Just as animals are constantly adapting to climate changes, plants are as well. A plant that is considered "invasive" is merely a plant that has adapted well to it's new environment. Everything happens for a reason and we just have to accept that things are going to change. Trying to change the earth (eliminating these "weeds") is like trying to stop the flow of time. Time is a never ending process, and with time comes change. You cannot stop plants from growing any better than you can stop the earth from spinning on its axis. Besides, in a world with so many C02 emissions, we need all the plants we can get. Along with C02, other greenhouse gases are slowly eating away at the earth's ozone layer, and plants are our only defense against this. So, next time you think about complaining about your weeds, or go to pull one, stop and think LONG AND HARD before you do. With every plant you destroy, you are removing oxygen that you and your children so desperately need, just to make your yard look "nicer".

Comments (38)