SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncdel_gw

want to cry I hate all my lighting & can't return

ncdel
11 years ago

I do not have any design sense but hiring someone to help w/ our basement in terms of a designer was not in the budget since the basement finishing was costing a ton to begin with...MH is no help w/ anything like this & I have to do all decorating & purchasing myself.

As such I made terrible choices in lighting & now they're installed and un-returnable to lighting direct. I painted the basement a blue/gray that is cool and chose lights that either have umber type glass that looks weird w/ a cool colored wall & white ceiling or chose flush mounts for 2 smaller rooms that are clearly too small for the room, and only have 1 light bulb in them (I didn't even look at that, as I thought they all would use 2) so not only are they small for the room size, they look off balance w/ only one lightbulb and don't offer much light to the one room that doesn't have a window. On top of that I chose a pendant over my sink that has sized rods that make it either too high or way too low so now I have to call the manufacturer to see if I can purchase an in between sized rod to make it more to my liking. I wish I had sucked up the cost of a designer to avoid the many mistakes I made in trying to figure this project out but MH would never go for it. :(

I'm so sad right now can anyone reassure me that this is not going to be something that drives me crazy for years or if we move make buyers cringe?. This basement has cost us so much money and I can't add on more in terms of brand new lights without being able to return the old ones and then paying an electrician to come back & reinstall new ones anyway, the costs have been creeping up all along and I still haven't furnished it at all beyond 1 loveseat that we already own. UGHHHHHH

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths