SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wesley_butterflies

Money saving rose growing ideas

wesley_butterflies
14 years ago

This is for both new to and experienced rose growers on rose growing and saving money. I could fill in alot of stuff but want to leave room for others and keep my keen typing skills in check ( trust me there not that good )and I'd only bore yah and give to much information which is also very very hard to swallow all at once.

I've been growing roses for five years now and other cute lil things even longer, from this and that to the other I can attest to the following: some of these gardens change every year and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon from one to the next. I had to start somewhere and like most of us did I wasted a few ( more like way to much) bucks along the way and got minimal rewards from the garden, They never said it was going to be easy but frustrations would fit best, that was until I took my first spoon full of this.

My biggest leap of money staying in my wallet a whole lot longer was a 100 % ORGANIC approach during 2006/7 seasons not only the roses but all my gardens are 100 % organic.

No matter if its one mini rose plant to 6000 of his big brothers I know this one method will save you loads of cash. I kick myself now and then by not even starting this way but live and learn and pass it along is my revenge to garden money waste.

My first and still biggest to date leap of cash savings still comes from a compost heap VS. any formal garden soil sold in bags. (I don't have a need for top soil by the truck load but Ohhh yes I wish I did have this need, there are some garden problems I would like to have. For zero dollar composting information garden webb has a forum Add that touch of work on your end and pretty much it's free. There is no better product out there at any price that can do the job of compost in any type of garden. Soil making for roses is a subject I hope to see later on this thread if I don't see it in a day or 2 days I'll add it in.

From tools to fools I leave room for us all add one item to this thread lets all learn to save some bucks and get them roses and other lil things growing. Try to include where to get it how much to expect to pay for it, vendors to garden centers ect.. ect.. ect...

Be kind to bees: Even though they may be sleeping for the season in our areas lets let em rest

Comments (10)