SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696490

Top 5 Loves of the Season

User
15 years ago

Now that the season is waning for most of us I thought it might be fun to disclose our top 5 loves of the season from 5-1, so that #1 would be your ultimate madly in love kind of love.

Here are mine:

#5 Heirloom

The color of Heirloom is so perfect for me and I would have rated it higher except for it's tendency to BS. It is only year 2, and was otherwise so robust and covered in buds with each flush. The Heirloom catalog lists this rose as VDR. LOL!

#4 Mutabilis

Only a few blooms at a time due to year 1 but this rose is no wimpy baby. It will be a take no prisoners in years to come. Love the way it produces blush, magenta, salmon blooms all at once.

#3 Chuckles

Also a 1st year rose but I can tell it will be a producer. The blooms last a very very long time on the bush. Plus I must admit that Chuckles was the name of my take everywhere stuffed monkey from when I was 5. I still have him.

#2 Chicago Peace

I bought this as a crummy Lowe's boxed bareroot so I didn't expect much. It did produce a few small flushes. The colors are just so fantastic, I can't wait for next year.

And my #1 Love of the Season

Scepter'd Isle

Very octopused arms so far but I love the cupped shape and the coloring. Based on the productivity in this first year, I can only imagine it will be in continuous bloom next year.

Yours?

Comments (27)