SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

PBS Special on National Parks/Ken Burns...

serenasyh
14 years ago

I realize this has nothing to do with roses, but hopefully everyone here will have the chance to see this absolutely fascinating series on National Parks--breathtaking, amazing photo shots and captivating filming of our National Treasures. It was so inspiring to hear the individual stories and struggles of the naturalists and conservationists against lumber companies, lobbyists, and industrialists and to hear long ago narratives of Americans who worked and lived that dream and passion to create these wildlife sanctuaries. I learned so much, I have never realized the wonderful legacies that people like Mather, Rockefeller, and countless other brave people that kept on fighting to preserve our National Treasures and all the painstaking dedication it involved. There were also tragedies too, sad things that happened and struggles. I think this documentary really opened my eyes and it was very moving, touched my heart to hear the words and writings of these incredible people who forged this journey and their gift to us, the future generations...

Comments (9)