SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susz52

what roses from Palatine would you buy if,,,,,

susz52
16 years ago

I'm going to visit my sister in Simcoe, ontario, Canada this weekend and we plan to drive around the Niagara region cause it's close and she lives there and Never looks around the area. She isn't a gardener, go figure. I was laid up with my back and still have problems, of course, but do have some of the yard cleaned up ready to start with the project of a less physically challenging garden next year. I know roses will be on sale this time of the year and I'm determine to stop at Palatine and see what they got. Question is 'What roses should I consider?' I shovel pruned the black spot magnets, I can't cart my sprayer around and spray regularly, and the less hardy ones, cause the mulching routine is too much heavy work as well. Roses aren't heavy work if you have good ones. I haven't favoured shrub roses in the past I only have one. A very well behaved and not enormous Rosarium Utersen, I think. I love, but do not want another rose like 'Alchymst'. It was suppose to be a climber. That rose is on steroids, It is very tall, would be a lot wider if I let it and is one of the most dangerous plants to work around bar none. But 'Alchymst is tough, disease free and cold tolerant. I prefer fragrance over colour and type. I have don't have any prejudices about the kind, ie, Shrub, English, Old etc. In fact, I like to try new plants. What are the least demanding roses you grow? I love them all and need to have a list, or I'll buy whatever catches my eye and I have to be practical and get what I can care for. If your back was bad, what would you keep or buy? Thank you in advance, I looked thru the catalogue and I like too many.

Comments (8)