SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syrinth

Appropriate roses and Palatine nursery?

syrinth
15 years ago

Hello, I live in Ottawa, zone 5a and I've been looking for roses that I'm able to grow in our climate. Much to my absolute annoyance, however, I find that different sites seem to have different views on what flowers can be grown in what zones. This has been driving me mad.

I am looking for roses with the following characteristics:

-I'm looking for roses of dark red, blue*or as blue as is possible*, and mixes of orange/red and red/white as well as a white flower.

-I'm not entirely certain of the term I need to use for the requested flowering pattern. I want them to have a pattern similar to the picture linked at the bottom,if that is at all possible. It's the one that spirals out from a central peak.

*If anyone here knows the technical terms for the different petal-growth patterns, that would be lovely to find out.*

-A climbing rose would be lovely as well, have a thing for climbing flowers.

I've done a bit of research and am wondering if the following plants would do alright here, the one's I really want have no indent, and flowers in a similar vein are indented under them:

-Countess Sonja

-Dream Come True

-Paradise

-Glowing Amber

-Magma Freelander

-Blue Moon *either bush or climber*

-Crystalline

-Don Juan looks like a beautiful climber

Lastly, I've been doing my checking at Palatine Roses online since it seems to be the only seemingly good nursery that will ship and there don't appear to be many near me.

Has anyone done business with them before?

Thank you very much for reading this and for all your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:228637}}

Comments (16)