SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
le_jardin_of_roses

My Heartfelt Appreciation

le_jardin_of_roses
14 years ago

This has been a great year for my garden because I have learned so much and have received such grand support here. I feel like I know my garden much better now, through reading about how you all feel and care for your own gardens. There is so much I want to try next season. I'm also excited to get some of the new roses that you all have made me aware of and will add next spring. So while the gardening part of the year is coming to a close (though in CA we still have another two months of decent blooms) :), I am gratefully pondering the embarrassment of riches, in terms of advice, stories and wisdom I have found here and want to send a heartfelt thank you, to you all.

I have read advice on so many threads that I've been helped by and I am inspired. From my own threads, I learned to find more time for the garden when I was at a loss, feeling like I was missing out. I know it seems like I should be more clever, to find ways myself to free my schedule, but simple advice like having dinner out there, reading out there, getting up earlier to have an extra hour in the garden and calling off work occasionally, has been very useful to me.

I have so many great suggestions on violetizing my garden more too. I love how all of you came to the rescue to write about your experiences with the roses in this colorway. It may seem silly, but it is heartwarming to me. I am so grateful that if I need more purple, you throw me all the purple I can handle.

I have a fear of spiders and I have seen plenty in the garden this summer, but reading you all write about how spiders have an important role in the garden has made me see them in a new light, even though I won't sit next to one. I must say, I did not see one mosquito in the garden this year and very few flies. I guess I can thank the spiders for that luxury.

And there is so much more that I've been helped with in my rosy world. It would take so much time to mention.

There are so many interesting people here and I can intuit what kind of people they are by what they write about roses and gardens. I hope you all come back next season and post your advice again. For me, it is never stressful to come here, just relaxing and easy. Just get a tall glass of lemonade and sit in someone's cyber-garden awhile. My parents grew up in the French Quarter of New Orleans and I get that sense of ease and grace and hospitality here. I've gotten used to so many of you and there are days where I miss some people if they don't post for awhile.

So I would like to send all of you this big letter of appreciation, for the advice, for the support and most of all, for the kindness I have been shown. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Best Regards Always,

Juliet

Comments (8)