SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyver

Fall bloom size in Southern California???

ladyver
16 years ago

I'm going to admit it.....I'm a Plumeria lover first but roses come in a close second. I've been using EB Stone rose fertilizer for 5 years and thought I was having pretty good success. I always apply sul-po-mag and alfalfa just before my roses break their dormancy (if that's what you call it around here....I prune and then they start growing a week later). I ran out of rose food when the last application was due to be applied about three weeks ago. The foliar spray I use on my plumerias is supposed to be good for ALL plants, so started spraying my roses until I could get around to buying their food. I am getting MONSTER blooms. I'm going to have roses coming out of my ears in a week, every plant is loaded with buds. Some have already opened, and when they do, some of the roses are twice the size that they've ever been. Those roses that weren't doing great are shaping up. Even my husband noticed before I even mentioned anything about changing fertilizers. He's not exactly Mr. Observant. I'm not Mrs. Observant, either, so my question is...are blooms typically bigger in the fall flush or is it a reaction to the foliar spray? I've actually never noticed any difference between the spring and fall flush....

Sonja

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting