SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxondel

Roses at S&W Greenhouse -- What a Deal!

jaxondel
14 years ago

Over the years, many of my bareroot modern roses have come from S&W Greenhouse. The quality has always been impressive, and S&W's pricing tends to be less per rose compared to other vendors -- especially on new introductions. This year, I've found that there's no contest, price-wise, if S&W has the varieties you're looking for. A huge factor in the difference is S&W's rock-bottom shipping costs this season -- a flat total of $5 to ship anywhere in the country if you order 5 or more roses.

I ordered 10 bareroots from them yesterday. Comparing the cost of the very same 10 varieties from my favorite West Coast supplier, the price difference was $70.30. A savings of $7 per rose is a pretty big deal to me! The savings would have been even greater if more of the roses on my list had been new introductions.

S&W Greenhouse is a comparatively small operation. Altho they have a great selection, their inventory of each variety is limited, so it's important to order early. The only rose that I remember being in short supply yesterday was the new HT 'Sedona'.

Here is a link that might be useful: S&W Greenhouse

Comments (5)