SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacquierz5bmi

Coming out of lurkdom to thank all you enablers

jacquierz5bmi
15 years ago

I have mostly been lurking on many of these forums for a very long time and wanted to finally come out and say thank you! I have learned so much from all of you. You have no idea! It seemed like if I had a question or concern, I would just check gardenweb and someone would already have asked. I started out with carpet and knockout roses. Still like them for their ease and contributions of bloom and color in my cottage garden. I also have several Easy Elegance Yellow Submarine purchased from a local nursery. After reading about Buck roses, I purchased Hawkeye Belle, Joseph F. Lamb, Earth Song, and Quietness. I plan to add more. I love the look of old garden roses and on the recommendation of, I believe, Molineux, I purchased Pretty Jessica in May from Heirloom Roses. She is only about 12 inches tall (hopefully growing roots), but she put out two roses in July and right now she has six (!) buds. I just wanted all of you to know that even when you don't know that you are, you're informing and inspiring people. I always thought roses were difficult to grow, especially in my zone 5, but I got the courage to try some and plan to try more. I would love to hear from anyone who grows Austin roses on whether or not they winter protect them. Should I cover my Pretty Jessica with something? Thanks again.

Jacquie

Comments (11)