SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquaeyes_gw

It's been a busy Summer in my yard...

AquaEyes 7a NJ
10 years ago

I've been hacking away at a big and over-grown Callery pear tree in my yard to let more sun into the yard. My tool for the job was a basic hand-saw, so this has been an on-going project.

Tree limbs were then stripped down, with leaves and twigs snipped up with pruners to form a leaf-litter mulch, spread out over cardboard I laid down to smother grass and weeds. Thick branches were sawed into logs to form edging. Roses were placed out in the beds in their anticipated planting spots (and moved around plenty of times until I was finally satisfied with their placement).

Today I neatened up the remaining patch of "lawn" enough to take a couple pictures and share them here. I have plenty others I've been taking throughout this process, beginning last year before I even started anything. Those pics can be seen on my Facebook album linked below (it's public). In a week or two I'll be having 12 cubic yards of mulch delivered to spread out over the leaf-litter layer. And over the winter, I'll be picking out companion perennials.

:-)

~Christopher

Here is a link that might be useful: NJ Garden Pics Album on Facebook

Comments (50)